Monday, October 26, 2015

Birthday Week

Sunday I had dinner with the family I will be living with.  They are wonderful!  The dad is funny.  We had dinner at George's which is a Greek pizza place.  It is always good.

Sunday evening I went to Starbucks but they were losing early because they were under staffed.  Can you believe that?!  It was such a bummer!

Monday I went to North Hampton in Massachusetts.  Its about 75 minutes away.  Someone recommended that I go there because its an artsy town with cute shops.  I went to the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Library.  His library was in the city library.  It was very small and not that great.  I was shocked!  Someone who spent good years of their lives as a public servant to one of the highest degrees gets a small section in a public library!  I think some republican women did the library for Coolidge.  At the library some people who worked there gave me some great suggestions on what to do in North Hampton.
In some ways the city reminded me of Austin.  It was a cute town with cute shops.  I bought some kitchen towels unique to New England and a clock that looks like a record.  There were some sketchy people there!  Not as nice as the Farmington Valley where I live.  I went to a restaurant for lunch that looked good and asked for chicken on the Cesar salad but they said they couldn't do that because they are a vegetarian restaurant.

Tuesday was my birthday!  I went to Yale.  It was a big let down.  Lots of sketch people in New Haven.  The school was not nearly as good as A&M.  I went to the Peabody Natural History Museum that I heard a lot about.  It was not as good as the natural history museum in LA.  Then, I went to the Yale Fine Art Museum.  It was very nice!  The museum was 3 stories and they had art from all over the world.  Museums with art from all over always remind me of the Louve.  I looked up good places for lunch.  I went to this cute coffee shop restaurant and got chocolate waffle.  It was perfect!  I got mint tea because that is my favorite but it was terrible.

I had the opportunity to work at Cake Gypsy.  My boss let me decorate some cupcakes with birthday decorations.  I thought they looked cute!

Tuesday evening I went to my Connecticut parents house.  I will be moving in with them soon.   Their daughter Erin turned 23 on October 20th (same day as me).  Mom made us chicken parmesan, meat balls, mashed potatoes (my request), green bean casserole, salad with blueberries, and bread.  I love chocolate chip cookie cake and usually have one every year for my birthday.  Pat made me a home made cookie cake that was perfect!  We had a lot of fun and laughed a lot.  Todd and Mike (Todd and Pats son in law) are so funny!  Mike has these weird looking turtles that he told us all about.  After dinner we played a good game of Taboo.  I love that game!


Thursday I Facetimed my friend Wiliam from Starbucks.  Starbucks and Central Market and probably the two places I miss the most.  William shows me around our table and shows me the workers too.  That is one of my favorite things!  Matter, one of the older men at our table picked up an empty chair at our table and showed it to me.  It nearly made me cry!  Somedays I wish I was home more than others.

Thursday I worked almost 10 hours at the country club.  My boss Chris showed me around the golf course.  It was a great view especially this time of year with the trees changing colors.  Beth who is in charge of events is leaving to go to another position soon.  I would like to take her spot.  She gave me several suggestions on how to do well at the country club.  I was so thankful for that!  On Sunday I will be representing the club at a bridal expo and today the lady in charge of member services who is temporarily taking over Beth's job helped me prep for the bridal show.

Friday I worked all day at Hop Meadow.  It was a good day!

Saturday three girlfriends and I went to Boston.  We got started at 8 and got back to Avon at 11 that evening.  It was a good full day!
Emily bought me a Starbucks drink to start off the morning.

We went to the Boston Public Gardens. It was nice but significantly smaller than Central Park (which is huge).  It also didn't have nearly as many people as Central Park (but Boston is a smaller city).

Kara, one of my girlfriends with us told us about this shopping area and we passed it on the way to the library.  We walked down this area of nice shops.  I was tempted to get a cupcake there from a cute cupcake store but it was 10 am. I thought that was to early for a cupcake but is it ever to early for a cupcake?

We went to the Boston Public Library.  It was very large.  They had multiple restaurants.   They were remodeling some of the library.  They had an exhibit about America long ago with nice patriotic music.

We were planning on going to the Skywalk at Prudential Tower.  We decided to eat lunch there instead.  It was a great view!  At Prudential Center there was a small indoor shopping area kind of like hotels in Vegas.

We walked to the Boston Museum of Fine Art.  The museum was three stories.  We only covered the first story and we were there for about 2 hours.  The museum was huge!  Sections form the museum went horizontally as opposed to vertically so we still saw a little from every section.  They had a Rembrent exhibit that was very full.  It was hard to really see the paintings closely.  The museum had a lot of Egyptian art. They also had some unique and old instruments.  Emily is a musician so enjoyed seeing that.  I really liked their contemporary section of the museum.

Next, we took a Taxi to Faneuil Hall.  After arriving I realized I left my mug I bought at the museum on the taxi.  Kara ran out with me to see if the taxi was still there.  She called the taxi company but we didn't have the specific taxi number or receipt to tell them what the number was.
We walked around Faneuil Hall and headed towards the Harbor.  It was nice to walk around the Harbor.

We ate at this amazing restaurant, Trade.  We got 4 appetizers to split and 1 flatbread for dinner.  We got 3 desserts to split.  We were thankful we had a little of many items for dinner.

We walked back to our car and on the way back went to Quincey Market.  It was not as great as it was talked up to be.  It was just a big food court.  We saw these buys doing a funny performance but bringing people in from the audience.  We left before we got called.  The performers reminded me of people at Universal Studios City Walk in Hollywood.  Walking back we saw the theater district and many other neat things.

After getting to the car we discovered my phone charger wasn't working and everyones phones were about dead.  We didn't have enough battery to get back home.  We pulled into a gas station and got a new phone charger.  Thanks to Google Maps and a charged phone we got home!

It was a great day!  We talked about everything from evolution to gay marriage to homelessness to boys and what the Lords view on all of this.  I loved our time together and our real talk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment