Sunday, September 27, 2015

Changes in Connecticut

Well, another week with a lot more work.  Tuesday I had an interview at Cake Gypsy, a little bakery in town.  The interview went really well.  I interviewed with the owner.  She has two locations and the second one is booming faster than she expected.  I proposed that I help with some paper work she is behind on and work in the shop.  The owner liked the idea and was impressed that I made my own job.

Grandma told me she likes her routine and is used to her routine and that it would be best if I moved out whenever I get a real job.  I spread the word and am thankful I have several options.

Wednesday the girls I babysit were off from school.  I took them to the Big E.  The Big E is like the State Fair of Texas but not as good.  They had two ferris wheels but neither was as big as our wonderful ferris wheel in Texas.  There was also no Big Tex. This fair is for all of New England since New England is so small they have one big fair and several smaller fairs too.  It was supposed to take us about 45 minutes to get there.  It took 45 minutes to get to the exit.  From the exit to the entrance it took an hour!  Everyone decided to go on their Wednesday off.  At the Big E there was a section with buildings from each state.  Inside the buildings are foods and crafts unique to that state.











Wednesday evening was our Life Group time for my 9th graders at church.  Since they are freshman we took them to this shopping area near by and did a scavenger hunt.  The scavenger hunt as well written.  It had good questions!  I had one boy in my group from Texas but he was into UT so that wasn't to good.  After the scavenger hunt we got Ben and Jerry's ice cream cakes for all of the kids!

Wednesday I could feel like I was getting sick and Thursday I was completely out!  I stayed home and slept!

Friday I got a call from a lady at the Wadsworth Mansion.  They are in need of an event supervisor.  I have an interview Tuesday!   Saturday I had a phone interview with a wedding planner.  She said that I sound exactly like what the Wadsworth Mansion is looking for.



Friday I worked and then Kara came over.  We ordered Chinese.  It was from a legit Chinese place so it wasn't that good.  They need a Pei Wei here.  There is a P.F. Chang near the mall!  After dinner I saw the movie the Intern with Gabe.  The theater here is kind of janky but it works.  The closest AMC isn't super close.  It was hard to find a seat at the theater.  The movie was fantastic!

Saturday thankfully I had a slow start then had my first day at Cake Gypsey.   It was a good first day. There was a little craft fair in the same shopping center as the store so apparently we were extra busy.   At the end of the day we get to take home the cupcakes we don't sell.  I brought them to friends and to Starbucks.  I love blessing people and making their day with cupcakes that otherwise would have been thrown away!  It is great to see the surprise on their face.

At work I got a text from Alexandra.  Her husband is an Aggie and works for ESPN.  I found her husband Fernando on "Find an Aggie".  I found out he works at ESPN.  We had chatted and he helped me get my resume in the right spot.  So thankful!  I told him I was babysitting while I am here.  Fernando said maybe you can babysit for us sometime and got me in touch with his wife.  I had texted his wife Alexandra a few times.  Saturday she texted me while I was at work to see if I wanted to come over to watch the Aggies BTHO Arkansas.  I came over and they had wings and pizza.  They have 3 kids.  A darling 5 year old girl and two boys.  The Palomos are raising their kids right!  They were all in Aggie clothes and the kids kept talking about how they wanted to go to A&M.  So thankful for good Aggie parents!  The Palomos are probably one of the most hospitable people I have ever meet!   So kind and welcoming!  I am so thankful I went to the best school ever! And so thankful the Aggies BTHO Arkansas!

This morning I went to church.  During the welcoming time the senior/teaching pastor came over to me.  We talked about how I am from Texas.  He said of, this will be your first fall!  After the main service I went to co-teach Bible boot camp for our high school students.  I am leading with Jen.  She knows more about the Old Testament than anyone else I know.  I am so thankful to have the privilege to co lead with Jen.  I was in charge of leading the game.  To get the kids to listen I taught them what we do at A&M.  Before a lecture our teachers say, "Howdy" and the students respond back "howdy" and we kind of listen.   I taught the kids that.  After I told them I went to A&M one of the kids said doesn't that school have like 50,000 students.  Another kid asked when I graduated.  After finding out I just graduated he was impressed that I went to school with Money Manziel.  Then another boy asked if I meet Manziel.  I said no but I once passed him near Kyle field.  They thought that was pretty cool.




This afternoon I worked.  Then I meet my friend Kelly at Panera to discuss a book.  At Panera I saw two people I knew!  Later this evening I meet another girl at Starbucks.  I am starting to know the workers and I saw my cousin there!  Connecticut is starting to be more like home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment